Wednesday, June 24, 2009

LeToya Luckett: QUEEN of the Breakup Song.


I've been getting my life for the past week or so from Miss Luckett's new music. I absolutely HATED her first project, outside of the singles, so you can imagine how shocked I was to see her coming to the table with music that was not only GOOD, but also extremely relatable for me at this point in my life.


The first single, Not Anymore, has been my go-to breakup song over these past few months (joining the likes of Solange's "Would've Been The One" and Cherish's "Love Sick," among others). Not too crazy about the music video (can you say bitten concept), but she looks and sounds amazing.



Another song that recently leaked from her upcoming album, Lady Love, is entitled "Regret." I love everything about this song..... the track, the arrangement, the message.... and this is just a snippet. This song (clip) gets MUCH play in the ride and in my iTunes.





Toya also had another song leak recently, entitled "Don't Need You." Another very solid offering, it kinda makes me look forward to the rest of the album. She sounds amazing, and whoever wrote this was on it.... I've had to catch myself a few times from just going INNNNN to the 2nd verse and the B-section.





Hopefully they'll stop pushing this album back and we'll have it by the end of the summer, because I'm really anxious to hear the rest of it. *side-eyes Mathew Knowles*

No comments:

Post a Comment