Friday, July 31, 2009

SYTYCD Final Four!!


THE FINAL FOUR CONTESTANTS OF “SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE” HAVE BEEN SELECTED: Brandon, Evan, Jeanine, and Kayla!!


I can’t say I’m ELATED about all of the choices..... Brandon was definitely a shoe-in, from day one. Jeanine has proven throughout the season that she deserves her spot, as she’s shown herself to be one of the best DANCERS, in raw form, to touch the stage this season. Kayla has been the epitome of consistency, and technically she’s amazing.

And that brings us to Evan.

It bugs me to the innermost depths of my core that he’s managed to make it this far in the competition. His technique is there, that’s undeniable. But he is BROADWAY, nothing more, nothing less. There were so many other dancers who were more technically advanced, more diversely trained, more equipped from a stage presence perspective, and much more deserving than him. I wouldn’t have chosen Ade over him either (thanks for that FOX / America!!), but I definitely think either Kupono or Jason would’ve been better choices for the Top 4.

Additionally, while I love both Jeanine and Kayla, I would have much rather seen Janette, or even Randi, in the Top 4. Jeanine and Janette both exemplified the heart and attitude of a true dancer this season. Kayla had her moments where she fell short and even bored me, be it the fault of the choreography or not. Jeanine and Janette have given me FIRE in each and every performance, regardless of how off-mark they may have been with the particular style of dance.

This season’s finale should be an interesting one. I feel like everyone is either going to step up to the plate and dance like they’ve never danced before out of hunger and true desire to win, or they’re going to allow the fact that this season has pretty much already been handed over to Brandon to discourage them. Either way, I WILL BE WATCHING!!


No comments:

Post a Comment