Sunday, July 5, 2009

ATL Club Scene Boycott.


So this is my personal challenge to myself..... no more ATL club scene indefinitely. It sounds simple in theory, but this is coming from the person who was a permanent fixture in at least 4-5 clubs a week, EVERY week for almost the entire latter half of 2008. The first half of 2008 were even worse, religiously attending (and paying VIP prices to get in) the MOST banjee clubs in the city every Friday and Saturday (...they need not be named).

I’ve been doing well for most of 2009; I can count on both hands how many times I’ve been clubbing this year. The real challenge is gonna lie in the coming months.... I’ve already dodged the 4th of July bullet, but with Pride coming up @ the end of August, followed by Morehouse Homecoming, the Atlanta Football Classic Weekend, and the holiday seasons in November and December, it’s gonna take some willpower.

I’m trying consciously to remove myself from the emptiness and futility of the “lifestyle” here in ATL. I feel like I’m slowly approaching my “gay puberty” and I’ve definitely overcome the notorious ho-stage (.......), and I feel like it’s time to gravitate away from the scene and immerse myself in more substantive and culturally pervasive ways of life and enjoyment. Atlanta is such a culturally diverse and entertainment-driven city, and there’s ALWAYS so much going on, so I’m sure it won’t be difficult to make the transition.

I’m in the process now of trying to plan a trip during Pride, to remove myself from all temptation......

No comments:

Post a Comment