Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Princey's Random Thought Drop #2

/// I've recently rediscovered the joys of cooking. This recession encouraged me to curtail some of my eating out and get back in the kitchen. Add to that a viewing of "Julie & Julia" this past weekend (with some of the BEST friends in the world, might I add), and I can definitely feel my G. Garvin swag recharging. I've always been a pretty good cook from a young age, and I have a slew of friends who can attest to that, before you start getting your jokes together. I learned from my grandmother and aunts and cousins, and my wonderful mother (who now requires an act of Congress to get her in front of ANY stove). I think I wanna start hosting dinner parties and what not.... given my interesting mix of friends, I'm sure they would appreciate my culinary exploits.

/// Excited about getting this LAST semester of my undergraduate matriculation underway later this month. It's been a long road, and I'm elated to be this close to the finish line. I actually hate to say it, but I think I'm actually gonna miss Dear Old Morehouse.... oh, and the rest of the AUC. My focus level is about to go into overdrive, as I attempt to prepare for my second GMAT sitting, graduate school, and some studying for the CPA exam.

/// I really want someone to teach me how to braid hair. Random as hell, I know. But it bugs me that I still don't know how. It doesn't look that complicated, but I can't seem to pick up on it. Ugh. Maybe it's for the better..... there's no telling how many heads I'd have resting between my legs. Jailhouse choosin' game proper.

/// SYTYCD Finale..... everybody wanted to go IN about Jeanine winning instead of Brandon. But let's face the facts. While he WAS a fan favorite (and he WAS nice eye candy, lowkey), many people neglect to realize that the So You Think You Can Dance fan base started with REAL dancers and has maintained that same following today, despite the rising popularity and commerciality of the show. Having said that, US DANCERS recognized that Kayla and Jeanine (in that order) were the two better dancers of the top 4 (and dare I say, the best of the season), and I'm 1000% convinced that if Kayla had half as much personality as Brandon or Jeanine, she would've taken the win hands down.

/// I've got my five-year high school reunion coming up in a few months, and I can honestly say that I'm looking forward to it for all the wrong reasons. I don't know why, but I kinda get off on gagging people who haven't seen me in a while and don't know about my migration to "the other side." Additionally, I look completely different now than I did in HS, in a GOOD way!! And based on what I've been able to keep up with regarding a lot of my other classmates, between all the college dropouts, babies out of wedlock, the well-to-do white boys, the "we MUST marry rich" soccer moms/housewives, and weird quirky ugly ducklings-turned-bombshells, I'm pretty sure I'll have plenty to gawk at and an endless supply of mindless gossip to involve and entertain myself with.

/// Starting to get more serious about this BIG MOVE at the top of 2010. I know I mentioned this a few months ago, but the choice is still between Phoenix and Houston, and the final decision will be based on the highest job offer (taking into account the differences between cost-of-living in each city). I've already started looking at places in both cities via the Internet. Hopefully this fresh start will be the right choice and easy to adjust to..... I'd hate to be like so many other people I know who make such a big fuss about leaving ATL, and then once they're gone, all you hear is them bitching and moaning about how much they hate their new city and miss the A.

/// Operation Single, Month 5. I'd like to think I'm doing much better this time around, but I don't know. Emotionally, I'm in tip-top shape, but the whole physical deprivation is the hard part at this point. I didn't have a post-breakup "ho stage" this time around, and that's something that I'm proud of, but I'm starting to feel the sexual frustration building up now. I know that there's such a thing as a healthy casual sex regimen, but I'm leery of even opening that door, for fear of losing my mind and wilding out. Two turn into twenty, and the next thing I know, I'm at the altar Sunday morning thanking God for the negative test results. Jesus, be a permanent fixture in my conscience....

No comments:

Post a Comment