Thursday, August 6, 2009

Twenty-Two Years Young.....

My 22nd birthday was two days ago, and I must say it feels good to look back over this past year and see how much I've grown as a person. I'm nowhere NEAR the same person I was this time last year.... completely different mentality, completely new swag about myself, I feel better, I look better..... everything is great, and I'm excited that I'm getting closer and closer to where I want to be in life.

This entire month will be a celebratory extravaganza (and that could possibly be the gayest thing I've said all day). The birthday itself was an experience all its own, beginning in a bar downtown and ending with a drunken night in Blake's (see incriminating evidence here: Exhibits A, B, C, D, E, F, & G). As you can see, I spent it with some of the greatest people I know: my wifey, my coolie from waaaaay back, and my daddy (my coolie's father)!!! Love them all dearly. I'm going to Vegas in a few weeks for a few days to celebrate and party and bullshit. Then I'm closing out the month with a big birthday dinner and a small get-together, once everyone else gets back in town for school (and I'm trying DESPERATELY to avoid overlapping my festivities with Pride).

This will probably be the first of several 22nd birthdays..... don't judge me. It's funny how when you're young, you can't wait to get older, and then once you're on your way there, you try to slow down the process as much as possible. But it really is a wonderful feeling to know that as I get older, I'm becoming a better person. I can see it in the things I do and the decisions I make, the company I keep and the people I surround myself with, and the experiences and opportunities being set before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment