20. Atlanta weather. Between the floods and the 80-degree November afternoons, she keeps you on your toes.
19. A family that looks out for me, even though I make absolutely no effort to hide the fact that I DON’T feature approximately 85% of their asses.
18. Losing all my numbers. Almost felt like a fresh start. Next stop: changing my number.
17. Life, health, strength, and all that “old-people-in-testimony-service” jazz.
16. A life filled with ambition, direction, and clear-mindedness. It took quite a while to get to this point, and now that I’ve arrived, I’m holding on for dear life.
15. Growth through dance. I’ve pushed myself to higher heights this year, with the help of an incredible team behind and beside me, and I pray that I will continue to grow more and more as a dancer, choreographer, and leader.
14. Great friends. My inner circle this year has remained pretty small, and had more lineup changes than [insert tumultuous girl group of your choice here], but the supportive and dependable true blues that remain are my ROCK!
13. Frozen White Castle burgers. My soul cries out “PACHAMA PARTY” every time I bust that plastic wrap open.
12. A rather extensive DVD collection. It’s gonna make this winter break go by verrrrry quickly. Boredom is the devils playground!!
11. A new attitude. One that leans more on the bar of “not giving a fuck” and less on the bar of “appeasing the masses” and “political correctness.” Living my life for me is a lot less overrated than I thought it would be.
10. A license and a vehicle. Especially after all the tickets-turned-bench warrants I had this year. I hear public transportation is a bitch.
9. A spirit of discernment. I’ve been able to see this year that a lot of the things I may have DESIRED for myself, might not have been the best choices in the long haul.
8. Time to know and love myself. This is the longest I’ve ever been single during one calendar year. And I’ve been able to learn a lot of things about me that I had long forgotten.
7. Another day of life in Beyonce’s shadow for every female R&B artist in the industry right now. BEYSUS = THE STANDARD. U madd???
6. Panda Express. I’m just sayin. Selling out an entire race, one two-entrĂ©e plate at a time.
5. Having a personal relationship with Jesus, after listening to Rihanna’s Rated R album in it’s entirety.
4. A wack ass year in music. It provides hope that 2010 has nowhere else to go but up.
3. Wisdom and maturity. I can definitely see myself shedding a lot of those foolish, juvenile layers and coming into my own as a more mature and experienced individual.
2. My degree-granting institution, the ILLUSTRIOUS Morehouse College. Nobody teaches you how to excel in life AND how to look down on half the people you’ll encounter along the way better than Mother MC.
1. Giving my life over to Twitter. It has kept me sane in some pretty insane situations. Nevermind the fact that it sucks up more of my time than a Superhead How To pamphlet. Or that it’s introduced me to new sources of fuckery leaps and bounds beyond my regular outlets.
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment